OOO 1.32 RC3 QUICKSTART SUMMARY
- OOO 1.3 Base Install (available from multiple sites -- roughly 400Mb)
- OOO 1.32 RC3 (only on oblivion.disp0sable.org right now). For easy installation, uninstallation and reinstallation with Oblivion Mod Manager, you can also get the OOO 1.32 RC3 OBMM installation script from PES or from TESNexus.
- OOO 1.32 RC3 Hotfixes v06. Corrects several significant problems with the RC3 version and makes some general improvements. You can also download this from PlanetElderScrolls.
- If you previously used any of the RC1 hotfix plugins, you should remove them after installing RC2 or RC3. Also check the list of Known Issues With OOO 1.32 for help with any other potential problems.
The RC3 version can be installed over any existing OOO 1.3 installation. It doesn't matter whether you have any of the 1.31 patches or not, but you must install the OOO 1.3 base package (see above) before adding RC3, and you must update any existing savegames with Wrye Bash. You should also read the list of OOO Changes (updated for RC3). You've been warned.
Quick Install Summary
- Extract the 1.3 Base files to a temporary folder, then copy or move them into your \Oblivion\Data\ folder. When prompted to "Allow Overwrite?", click "Yes to All".
- Extract the 1.32 RC3 files to a temporary folder, then copy or move them into your \Oblivion\Data\ folder. When prompted to "Allow Overwrite?", click "Yes to All".
- Activate both the ESM and the ESP files (Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm and Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp). The Full Version and Lite Version are both included in the download. The Full Version is installed by default. If you want to use the Lite Version instead of the Full Version (default), then also copy the ESP file from the \Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul\OOO-LITE\ folder, replacing the default Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp (which is the Full Version ESP).
- Activate any optional plugins you want to use. See Oscuro Install Options RC3 for a complete summary of the available choices in RC3. The option files can be found in the \Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul\OOO-ADD-ONS\ folder.
- Activate the OOO132RC3Hotfixes.esp. It should be loaded after all the optional plugins.
- If you're planning to use an existing savegame, you'll need to update your savegame with Wrye Bash. There are two parts to this step, so be sure to read though this carefully. If you're adding OOO 1.32 to a savegame that previously did not use OOO (even if it was just created in the starter dungeon before adding OOO), then you'll need to use Wrye Bash to Import NPC Levels from the Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp to your savegame. If you're upgrading from 1.3 or 1.31 to 1.32, then you don't have to Import NPC Levels, but you do need to alter the master dependency for OOO in your savegame (you only need to do this once when you first switch from 1.3 or 1.31 to 1.32). See "How do I update my savegame?" below.
- If you are upgrading a current savegame from OOO 1.3, you MUST take off any cape you may be wearing (or carrying) that you got from an NPC -- except guard capes -- and throw them away before you load your save with 1.32. If you are not sure where you got a cape, the safest route is to drop it into an empty container, save, install 1.32, then load and see if your cape is still in the container. If it's still there, then it should be safe to use. If you don't follow these instructions, you may get stuck with a cape that cannot be unequipped.
- If you are upgrading a current savegame from OOO 1.3, you'll need to
enter a console command to enable the lockpicking restrictions. You need to type the following in the console (~):
Set LapMinLock to 1
After doing this, save the game and reload.
- If you use a Bashed Patch (a highly recommended feature of Wrye Bash), be sure to update it after upgrading from 1.31 to 1.32. Otherwise Oblivion may not launch. To do this, right-click the Bashed Patch in Wrye Bash and select Rebuild Patch (called Update Patch in older versions of Wrye Bash).
- Launch the game, load your save, then open the console (~) and execute the following commands:
Set OOOFishSpawn to 0
(Step X is not necessary if you start a new game after loading the hotfix.)
Q. How do I update my savegame so I don't lose all my precious OOO stuff?
Note: This only applies if you've already been playing OOO 1.3 or 1.31 for a while and have accumulated a bunch of stuff you want to keep.
Install Wrye Bash. Launch Wrye Bash. Go to the saves tab. Select a savegame you want to fix (one made before the update). Click on it. Look in the lower-right corner at the masters list. Find Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp. Click inside the text and edit it to say Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm (i.e., just change the final "p" to "m"), or right-click it and select Change To, then browse to Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm and select it -- or simply change the ".esp" part of the filename to ".esm". The masters list will now be updated to swap Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp for Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm. Finally, you must click the Save button at the bottom of the masters list to save the change. Now, quit Wrye Bash, load Oblivion with that savegame and you're good to go.
OOO 1.31 QUICKSTART SUMMARY
This information now has a separate page.
BASE INSTALL MIRRORS (400Mb download)
TES FileFront: Download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.3
3D Downloads: Download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul V. 1. 3.
PlanetElderScrolls: Download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.3
FileShack: Download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.3
There is a growing list of third-party add-ons for OOO. We've collected a list of some of them here.
HINTS & SPOILERS
Many players find OOO 1.3 overwhelming. If you're having trouble making a character that can survive this harsh new world, read the character creation guidelines. If you're having trouble finding everything OOO adds, check out the detailed spoilers.
OOO is a system-resource intensive mod. It may slow down your game. This will vary a lot depending on your system and it may also improve as you play the mod for a while. It's a good idea to have more than 1Gb of RAM. If the performance hit is significant enough to be a problem for you, you can sometimes improve things by turning off the fishies (see In-Game Options for details). This will have the biggest impact when you are near water.
To disable the fish added by OOO, open the Oblivion console (~) and type:
Set OOOFishSpawn to 0
If you don't like the lockpicking skill restrictions, you can disable it with the console (~) command:
Set LapMinLock to 0
If you don't like the "no lockpicking during combat" restrictions, you can disable it with the console:
Set LapNoCombatLock to 0
After doing this, save the game and reload.
If you don't like the lock bash difficulty, you can make it dramatically easier with the console command:
Set LapBashLockDifficulty to 0
Set LapBashLockDifficulty to -110
Lock bash cannot be turned off completely.
You can disable container animations using the Oblivion console (in OOO 1.32 RC3 or later). There are several options for this:
Turn off HC for player house containers:Set OOOHCPlayerHouse to 0
Turn off HC for chests, cupboards, desks, drawers and lecterns:Set OOOHC to 0
Turn off HC for barrels and crates:Set OOOHCBarrelsAndCrates to 0
Turn off HC for sacks:Set OOOHCSacks to 0
Armor DispositionYou can disable the OOO 1.32 armor disposition system using the console command: